Thoughts on the Rittenhouse trial?

For discussing news and politics around the world
Christopher Shilts
Site Admin

Thoughts on the Rittenhouse trial?

Post by Christopher Shilts »

Any folks have strong feelings about this trial? Personally I think it's a complete sham. The kid should have been given the key's to the city for shooting that scum- not be prosecuted like a criminal.
TheQuestionMan

Re: Thoughts on the Rittenhouse trial?

Post by TheQuestionMan »

I could not believe the fire discipline and accuracy that Kyle had. Truly amazing.
Kyle should be proud of the way he acted that day.
Christopher Shilts
Site Admin

Yeah, he showed great restraint, only shooting the people who attacked him. It was a pretty clear case of self defense to me, the moment I saw the full footage of what happened. I find it hard to believe this thing actually made it to trial. Here in Michigan we have a Stand Your Ground Law. Under this law you're under no obligation to retreat. But Wisconsin is different. Here's an analysis about the case. One important factor is that Kyle was trying to get away from his assailants in every case. Further complicating matters is each of the 3 shootings is a separate incident which has to be judged individually. For example, Rosenbaum was "provoked" into chasing Kyle because Kyle put out a dumpster fire with his fire extinguisher. The latter 2 men who where shot where "provoked" by the shooting of Rosenbaum. Obviously the first shooting set off the other two and are related, but they should be put into context. Each of the individuals shot where operating with their own set of motives and information about the circumstances. It could be argued that the latter two thought they where chasing a murderer. Still, it's absolutely retarded to chase down and attack a guy armed with an AR-15 who you believe just killed someone.
TheQuestionMan

Post by TheQuestionMan »

"Still, it's absolutely retarded to chase down and attack a guy armed with an AR-15 who you believe just killed someone."

I would say chasing down and attacking a murderer, rapist or thief is the honorable thing to do...
Christopher Shilts
Site Admin

Yes, but if you're armed with a skate board, you're either crazy or stupid to try to take the guy on when he's trying to disengage. It would be different if he was actively shooting people at the time. The smart move, (which is easy for me to work out months later from the comfort of my own home), would be to shadow him and direct law enforcement to make an arrest. That's the couch potato position, and I stand by it!*

* I do not actually stand by the couch potato position, it was said as satire.
TheQuestionMan

Post by TheQuestionMan »

"Yes, but if you're armed with a skate board, you're either crazy or stupid to try to take the guy on when he's trying to disengage."

Honorable men take on murderers, rapists and thieves; regardless, of the threat to their personal safety.
Honorable men would prevent a murderer, rapist or thief from escaping by any means possible.
Cowardly men call other men to do what the cowardly man will not do.
All citizens have arrest powers, not just government paid servants.